5 Tips on How to Arrange a Venue for a Safe and Memorable Wedding by Linda Blamer
5 Essential Tips on How to Arrange a Venue for a Safe and Memorable Wedding by Linda Blamer.
Linda is the owner of Blame Her Ranch which was built under her direction and design in 2007. In 2017, Linda and her husband Steve began marketing the ranch as an independent Airbnb-like location. After her daughter’s wedding, many vendors approached the Blamer’s to host weddings at their ranch based on its beauty, uniqueness, and location. And, that’s how it all started.
Here are our 5 Top Tips for a safe and most importantly, a memorable wedding:
- Stay safe. Be up to date on the country and state Covid-19 regulations. In early 2021, we are advising couples to keep their headcount down, obtain covid testing on all guests and vendors, use outside gatherings, and require masks at all times.
- Private & exclusive. Whether it is a vacation rental or wedding location, start by looking at venues where you don’t have to share facilities with other groups, or for that matter, with other weddings. This step not only provides greater safety, but it also makes your wedding very private, exclusive, and much more memorable for you.
- Be flexible. There are going to be issues especially during these remaining days of the Covid-19 pandemic. But that does not mean your wedding is a bust, you just need to be creative and think outside the box. When issues or problems come up, talk to the venue coordinator and find alternatives. Don’t get locked into “must–haves”.
- Hire a planner. Most wedding venues, like here at Blame Her Ranch, have a manager or point person in charge. But, spend the extra money and hire a wedding planner who can oversee the most important wedding details, and this will allow you to enjoy your big day more. To keep costs down, you can hire “day-of-event planners”.
- It’s all about you. I can’t tell you how many times the couple faces challenges because of relatives and guests. Do what you want. Especially during these uncertain times. Everyone has an agenda, but the only one that matters is the happy couple’s!
By Linda Blamer
Co-Owner of Blame Her Ranch, Santa Fe, NM
Selected BEST VENUE IN AMERICA by DWHA Magazine