BLAME OUR BRIDES (AND GROOMS) FOR SUMMERTIME IDEAS
When we set up the ranch and our wedding venue, we decided to add the tagline, “Where She’s Never Wrong”… get it, because brides are never wrong!
Most of our great summertime wedding ideas don’t come from us but come directly from the brides and grooms that book our venue. Here are the top summertime wedding ideas we have seen at our ranch but could work anywhere in the world:
- Decorate With Fresh Fruit: it does not have to be all flowers, you can use fresh fruit to highlight the summer festivities on your tables (and of course, in your summertime drinks)!
2. Food Truck: some of our couples use them for rehearsal dinners or the main event. But think about using them for a specific function, like appetizers or for dessert.
3. Take off in A Fun Car: to top off the evening, why not exit on a horse-drawn carriage, vintage car, or even an old pickup truck.
4. Give Out Sunglasses: nothing says summer like a good pair of shades.
5. Release Sky Lanterns: as night draws near, have your family and friends release colourful sky lanterns.
6. Use Mason Drink Jars: a cheap and fun container for drinks, flowers, and/or candles.
7. Dance Flip Flops: put a basket of flip flops out for guests to wear for dancing and relaxation.
8. Beach or Pool Bags: assuming your venue has a pool or beach, put together a kit of fun summertime essentials.
9. Al Fresco Dining: summer weddings can be hot, so make sure your food selection is light and refreshing.
10. Signature Cocktails: beyond beer and wine, create a summertime signature cocktail for a light and refreshing drink upon guests arrival. Like mini margaritas!
11. Decorate With Fresh Fruit: it does not have to be all flowers, you can use fresh fruit to highlight the summer festivities on your tables (and of course, in your summertime drinks)!
12. Summer Succulents: here in New Mexico, nothing says summertime more than cactus and succulents, but they can work anywhere in the world.
13. Outdoor Lights: probably the most important decorating item to include in your wedding budget. Here at BHR, we provide over 3,000 lights over our great lawn. A spectacular and romantic sight!
14. Photo Booths: something new we have just added to our ranch. Be sure the vendor offers fun costumes and accessories that emphasise summertime.
15. Personalized Polaroid Cameras: for my daughter’s wedding, each table had a mini Polaroid camera and film. We encouraged people to take pictures and put them on the photo wall. Great way to capture the fun everyone is having at your wedding!
“Where She’s Never Wrong”
Blame Her Ranch