LESS DINERO, MORE FIESTA
5 ways to save money and still get the wedding of your dreams
In 2019, the average cost of a U.S. wedding was $33,900. And, what’s more interesting, is that the average initial budget couples have to spend is $23,000—meaning, couples exceeded their budgets by well over $10,000.
If you dig even deeper, you will find that the wedding venue is, without doubt, the biggest expense.
Without question, Blame Her Ranch is ‘one of those’ expensive destination venues. But the devil is in the details and if a couple is smart, they can get the wedding of their dreams by following some of the offerings Blame Her Ranch provides couples:
1. Airbnb-like vs resort: Private homes, ranches, and farms that are dedicated to the wedding industry on average will save you money. Some include lodging, like Blame Her Ranch, and offer multiple venues for the welcome dinner, rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception. More importantly, Blame Her Ranch, and other venues like it, eliminate the ‘package deal,’ giving couples enormous flexibility on bar service, lodging, and catering.
2. Independent Caterers: Everything, from food trucks to 5-star services, is better hired independently than going with a standard menu offered at most resorts. This enormous flexibility allows you to cherry-pick exactly what you want—from linens to dinnerware— to food items—across every spectrum. Don’t get forced into limitations and package deals! Independent caterers also give you more elements of personalisation, which make your food choices special to you!
3. Lodging: The wedding party or immediate family needs a place to stay at a destination wedding. Some of the couples who book at Blame Her Ranch offer free lodging, for up to 32 of their overnight guests. We have also established an innovative invoicing program through PayPal that allows couples to charge individuals for their room and stay at Blame Her Ranch. This reduces the overall lodging costs significantly for the couple. This is a unique program for our ranch but could be offered by any venue a couple might choose.
4. Bar Service: This is where most venues get you and your pocketbook. At many venues, both resorts and private, exclusive homes, they insist you use their bar service for your wedding. At Blame Her Ranch, we believe this practice is unfair and unnecessary. The couple can simply buy their alcohol and beverages at local warehouse-like stores and then hire licensed bartenders to serve appropriate beverages given state regulations.
5. Unlimited Time: Most facilities have cut-off times. Some of them are quite early—like 10:00 p.m. and don’t allow you to start setting up until an hour before the actual ceremony. While it is not a true dollar savings, you need to get the most amount of time for the price you are paying. It’s a “dollar-value proposition.” At BHR, we have no cut-off times so you can party until 3:00 in the morning. But to be fair, we are very private and remote, which is a great advantage we offer our guests. Bottom-line, ask for the number of hours you will get for your actual wedding time and determine the dollar rate per hour you would pay from one location to the other.
Unfortunately, the wedding industry will nickel and dime you to death and limit your wedding experience to force you into their playbook vs, what you want. Not to mention, the tremendous kickback schemes some venues have when they limit your choice of vendors to their approved list (something we fundamentally do not believe in at BHR).
The BHR motto is simple. Get more fiesta for less dinero.
“Where She’s Never Wrong”
Blame Her Ranch